Here's what I've done to get projector working:

Prerequisites: the 2.1b2 Tomcat bundle unpacked somewhere and the 2.1b2
source distribution downloaded.

1) Build projector using the "webapp" target from the source
distribution.

2) Extract projector/dist/webapp/projector.jar to
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/projector.

3) Edit WEB-INF/web.xml in the newly extracted so that the value for the
"configuration" init-param is "../webapps/slide/projector.xml".

4) Copy projector/src/conf/projector.xml to TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/slide.

5) Unpack projector/src/content/store.zip to TOMCAT_HOME/bin.

6) Open a command prompt and navigate to TOMCAT_HOME/bin.

7) Set the CATALINE_HOME environment variable to ".."

    example (running bash on *nix): export CATALINA_HOME=..

8) Run startup.(bat|sh). NOTE: If you're on a *nix system, make sure you
set all of the .sh files to be executable.

9) Open a browser and navigate to
http://localhost:8080/projector/listUsers.html

-James