Andy,

Would a JCR (JSR 170) API to Slide be beneficial to your application? An
idea some of the Slide developers have been kicking around is using
Jackrabbit to write a wrapper around the WebDAV API so any
WebDAV-accessible server would be JCR compliant. Interest is fairly low
right now since there doesn't seem to be a need, but if interoperability
is a goal for you I'd be interested to hear what you think about this.

-James