Warwick Burrows wrote:
To my understanding other users shouldn't be able to see any of your changes
to file content or properties until you actually checkin the file. Of course

This is incorrect, as far as RFC3253 is concerned.

since you already have a WebdavResource constructed for the checkedout file
you will see whatever changes you make to it immediately. But others
shouldn't. If they access the same slide resource URI that you are modifying
they will get the previous revision which, until you checkin, will still
"point" to the most current revision. When you do checkin then your file
revision becomes the latest at which time the slide resource URI is changed
to point at your revision and it becomes visible to everyone.

Not the case. I think what you're talking about is a checkout of a working resource (which get's its own URI and thus will *usually* not be visible to others).

My original reason for saying this is that I wanted to make it clear that
you can't keep the file checkedout and have others see the changes you have
made. At some point you will have to checkin for the changes to be visible
to others.

Not true, at least not for the checkout-in-place feature defined by RFC3253.

Julian