It should only be hardcoded in MacroPropertyUpdater. If you look at
NamespaceAccessTokenImpl you'll notice it first tries to instantiate the
class named in the "acl_semantics" parameter. You can copy this logic to
MacroPropertyUpdater to make them equivalent (this will probably be done
in 2.1.1) or you can look at the code in HEAD for the more flexible
implementation that will be part of 2.2.

-James