Hi Kevin!

Maybe I missed something. But if you have allow all to authenticated users - then why should your case with user A and B not be allowed?

/jacob

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:19 AM
Subject: acl question

In my domain.xml I have setup permission such that under "/" all can
read-acl, write-acl, unlock and read (the default)
 <permission action="/actions/read-acl" subject="all" inheritable="true"
negative="true"/>
 <permission action="/actions/write-acl" subject="all" inheritable="true"
negative="true"/>
 <permission action="/actions/unlock" subject="all" inheritable="true"
negative="true"/>
 <permission action="/actions/read" subject="all" inheritable="true"/>

Under "/files" I have setup permission such that anyone authenticated can
do anything, write if authenticated (although redundant I think),

and the owner can read-acl (also redundant?)

 <permission action="all" subject="authenticated" inheritable="true"/>
 <permission action="/actions/write" subject="authenticated" inheritable=
"true"/>
 <permission action="/actions/read-acl" subject="owner" inheritable="true"
/>

I am using the JNDIPrincipalStore for user and roles so this is all I have
in the domain.xml (default from the JNDI example):

                       <objectnode classname=
"org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users">
                             <permission action="all" subject="self"
inheritable="true"/>
                             <permission action="all" subject=
"authenticated" inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
                       </objectnode>
                       <objectnode classname=
"org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/roles">
                             <permission action="all" subject="self"
inheritable="true"/>
                             <permission action="all" subject=
"authenticated" inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
                       </objectnode>

User A authenticates and writes file X to the WebDAV server.

User B authenticates and changes the contents of file X on the server.

The problem is that user A and user B belong different roles and should not
be able to do this.

How or where do I define this restriction?

Thanks