Hello Florian,

> the retirement announcement for Slide, mentions Jackrabbit as an alternative
> to slide.
> I am mostly interested in using the api to access an existing WebDav
> repository, but
> it seems Jackrabbit is mostly focused on the server side of webdav, not the
> client.

That is correct. But they do have a WebDAV extension to HttpClient.
Besides, Slide was also mostly focused on the server side :-)

> Is there a natural migration path for my situation?

If all you use is the client, there is no immediate hurry. However,
the Slide WebDAV client is based on an unsupported backlevel version
of HttpClient, besides being unsupported itself. As long as it works,
you're fine. As soon as a problem occurs, you're on your own.

The Jackrabbit WebDAV client is your best option at Apache.
I don't know about any non-Apache WebDAV clients.

cheers,
  Roland