Hi,

while changing the script resolution in the last days a little bit to
make it cacheable, I stumbled across the handling of the resource super
type.
The jcr resource implementation checks if the node has the
sling:resourceSuperType property and returns this value if existent.
If not, it tries to find a resource under the search paths (usually libs
and apps) with the resource type converted to a path. So if a resource
has the type "a/b", the resources /apps/a/b and /libs/a/b are tested if
they exist and contain a resource super type property.

Other resource implementations like the bundle resource always returns
null. The fs resource implemenations returns a special resource type for
the resource super type.

I think this behaviour is a little bit inconsistent. I would change it
that if a resource does not know it's super type, it should return null.
So basically this effects the implementation of the jcr resource.
The script resolver already checks if the resource super type is null
and then applies the above algoritm from the jcr resource as well.

Otherwise each resource implemenation should apply the algorithm to be
consistent. But I would prefer the first solution.

While the change is incompatible, I think this doesn't have any real effect.

WDYT?
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler