On 12-06-20 12:28 PM, Raghav wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Below is the scenario I want to achieve.
>

>                        Warm-Standby
> Master  ------------------------------------------------ DR-Master
>      |    Replication built on  Slony 2.1.
> Slave
>
> Given is actually setup of production, master/slave replication with log
> archive shipping using slony 2.1. And, Master with DR setup on same data
> center as DR-Master with Warm Standby configuration running fine with
> minimal lag.
>
> Q: What I want to achieve ?
> A:  Swap the Masters. Means, now slave should receive events from
> DR-Master once it get promoted to Master as shown below

Have you read 'Controlled Switchover'
http://www.slony.info/documentation/2.1/failover.html

I think the MOVE SET command is what you want.

You setup 'DR Master' as a subscriber to your sets just like 'slave'
was.  You then MOVE SET to make 'DR Master' the new origin.  'slave'
will receive updates from 'DR Master' instead of 'Master' , assuming you
have a complete path network in place.