On 2/28/20 12:28 PM, John Muehlhausen via Slony1-general wrote:
Hello,

It appears that native streaming and logical replication in postgres disallows the use of NOTIFY on the master (fired by a trigger) propagating to a LISTENer on a slave.  (In the former case it is not implemented, and in the latter it is buggy with no signs of a fix.)

How does slony-i fare in this department?  I would hope that the same trigger would exist on the slave and that an update to a slave table would trigger it, causing the slave LISTENer to receive it.  Not sure why this is such a problem with native logical replication?

Also, how do I search the list archives?

Google with a site restriction probably works best for searching mailing list archives.

Ie a google search for

Notify site:lists.slony.info

will search for the word 'notify' in the mailing list archives.

Notify events fired on the master/origin won't propogate to a LISTEN on the replica with slony.

Steve

Thanks,
John