I get these all the time as well since I switched to a netgear
wpn824v2 for wifi. Seems to be a normal part of the wifi's operation.
It does get annoying sometimes as it tends to clutter up packet
captures; unfortunately wireshark doesn't accept a capture filter of
"not llc" (it only works as a display filter), so I tend to use "ip or
arp".

As for stopping the router spamming these in the first place, not
sure. I've tried messing around with the atheros chipset settings in
the telnet console, but haven't found anything. It may be related to
the non-standard "XR" (extended range) feature of the router.

David