I'd like to install curves.sty and curvesls.sty on the laptop for use in
LaTeX.

At present they're on the Desktop.

 The README says:

To install curves you need to put `curves.sty' on your TeX search path

as root or administrator and run `mktexlsr' or equivalent to update

the TeX file databases.

 Well, I went searching for where the other styfiles were located.

There are a couple of places, but it seems to me that these files

should be located in

 /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics

 Have I got this right?

 Also, if I *have* got it right, do I need to tell LaTeX *anything*? If I
include

 \usepackage{curves}

 wouldn't LaTeX simply go looking in the styfiles?

 Or am I having myself on?

 William Bennett.