-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Vivek Khera
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 9:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sniffer] updater script for Linux

On Mar 5, 2004, at 11:05 PM, Bill Boebel wrote:

> Has anyone written a good Sniffer updater script for Linux which has
> the
> error checking like the one for Windows has?

I posted one here the other week.  I wrote it on FreeBSD, but it
doesn't make any system specific assumptions (other than you're on a
unix file system).  It is completely safe to run at any time, and fails
in a 100% safe way such that you always have a valid sniffer rule file
in place.  Let me know if you need a copy.