Pete, am I correct in assuming that the configuration file (snfrv2r3.cfg)
should also be renamed for your license ID, as well?

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete McNeil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 2:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sniffer] Message Sniffer Version 2-3 Official Release!

At 12:35 PM 5/9/2004, you wrote:
>Are there step-by-step upgrade instructions posted anywhere?  Our
>configuration is Windows 2000 server with Declude.  I don't quite
>understand what needs to be done to enable the Persistent Instance
>option.

Step-by-step instructions will depend on how you intend to run the
persistent instance.

The first step in all cases is simply to replace your .exe files with the
ones in the new distribution. Be sure to rename (brand) the snfrv2r3.exe
file for your license ID of course.

The way I run a persistent instance is using RunSvcExe, others have
reported good results with Fire Daemon. Links to these are on the
SnifferBasics page along with the basic command line for starting a Message
Sniffer instance in persistent mode.

Essentially, launch sniffer with the word persistent in place of the usual
file name to be scanned.

Here is a link to earlier discussions along with some more detailed
information about getting a persistent instance set up. Follow the thread
through and you will find more than one example:

Hope this helps,

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you