From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Pete McNeil
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 7:00 PM
To: Greg Wanner
Subject: Re[2]: [sniffer] Download server is really slow..

According to the logs there was a run on the server at this time...
apparently quite a few servers downloading at the top of the hour - all
competing.

If you use a scheduled task for getting your rulebase files, please stagger
your download schedule according to the chart here:

http://www.sortmonster.com/MessageSniffer/Help/LogsHelp.html#When

The chart is based on the first letter of your license ID. Scheduling
updates at these times will ensure that we don't have a pile-up where
everyone gets to the server at the top of the hour or some other common
time.

Folks who are triggering updates based on our update notifications are
already making the most efficient use of resources because our rulebase
compiler system schedules updates in a nice even flow.

Hope this helps,