To: "Jim Matuska" <sniffer@SortMonster.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:12 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [sniffer] Downloads are slow...

On Tuesday, December 28, 2004, 12:49:21 PM, Jim wrote:

JM> I agree that something needs to be done about the update scripts that are
JM> inadvertently downloading the full rulebase all the time. I didn't even
JM> know it but we were doing this until I went through our update script again
JM> this morning and found it didn't have the -N option in Wget, so we were

Watch out - you may still have not fixed it. One of the tricks with
the -N option is that the file downloaded previously must still be in
it's place for the comparison. If it has been moved then the -N will
not matter.

This make things a little bit more complex since you can't download a
rulebase file on top of the one that is running.