On Monday, January 10, 2005, 7:17:29 PM, Andrew wrote:

CA> Pete, I thought that you had said at one point that SortMonster fetches
CA> one or more SURBL zones and incorporates those as spam data for Message
CA> Sniffer?

CA> It seems like a great idea to me.  But then, from my distance, a lot of
CA> things look like a good idea for someone else to implement!

That's not exactly how it works -

What we do is that our robots will look at some of the messages that
hit our spamtraps and if they find a URI that looks like a good choice
they will cross check it with SURBL.

More often than not we've already got the URI coded from our manual
work, but this robotic mechanism allows the rulebase to keep up minute
by minute - and since the email triggering this work has come in
through one of our spamtraps, it acts like an extra check - so those
listings that we do have tend to be very solid.

At some point we may bolt on some additional real-time lookups like
SURBL etc... but we don't have plans for that just yet, and most
installations already have these tools employed in other mechanisms
they are running, so it would be redundant for us to add it - at least
at this point.

Hope this helps,