To: "Jim Matuska" <sniffer@SortMonster.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [sniffer] New Spam Storm

On Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 1:27:25 PM, Jim wrote:

JM> Is anyone else seeing a huge amount of spam  increase over
JM> the last couple days. Most is being caught by sniffer but  the
JM> overall number of messages especial foreign language spam messages
JM> seems to  be very high.

You are probably seeing the "German sober" virus - which sends out a
huge volume of spam pointing at various sites --- mostly concerned
with WW2.

That one has proved to be quite prolific.

Not only that - but outscatter from it and complaints about it with
copies of the message are also quite high right now.

Think this is it?