> Looking at migrating to SmarterMail
> MDaemon as an alternative

  I like the weighting that SmarterMail offers for spam checking
  and the web interface is undeniably nice.  And there are many other
  really excellent features including the price which seems reasonable
  to me.

  I have not tested this directly but you should be able to use
  Sniffer with SmarterMail by employing the protocol settings for the
  command line exe or batch file and pointing to Sniffer. This is also
  how one would employ custom scripting. There is (at least I've seen
  a web page) a filter already available on the web for ClamAV and
  SpamAssassin that uses the hook.  It would be pretty easy to use a
  batch file for Sniffer I think.

  Another possibility that might work for some is the open source
  hMailServer in the latest beta which has a scripting provision built
  in for 3 events: OnClientConnect, OnAcceptMessage, OnDeliverMessage.
  It is beta but I've been testing it with no apparent problems thus
  far. It comes with a provision for using ClamWin and an additional
  virus scanner. You can use Clamdscan with a little trickery. Also
  has a COM interface. http://www.hmailserver.com/   In order to
  employ Sniffer you have to use the Scripting provision of the beta
  and put your call to Sniffer in the OnDeliverMessage area.  One
  drawback thus far is the inability to easily add additional
  x-headers but you can easily modify standard headers.

  Not promoting anything - but we've been testing a few things
  ourselves.

---
Terry Fritts