> So basically, what you are saying is that my volume is really
> too low to take advantage of the persistent sniffer (and such
> may actually decrease my performance), and I should stick
> with the non-service version.  Is that right?  That is about
> what I thought (without the details of how sniffer works, I
> just wanted to be sure).

Well, Dan, for the inevitable rush of traffic, I'd stick with the
persistent sniffer implementation now that you have it working.

If the 2 second wait time galls you, then use your ******.cfg file and
specify the

MaxPollTime: 500

value at 500 ms or whatever you'd like your maximum wait time to be
instead of 2 seconds (2000 ms).

Andrew 8)