On Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 2:07:10 PM, John wrote:

JTL> Work on one thing at a time.

Good advice...

JTL> Leave Sniffer in persistent mode and work on the threads.

JTL> You have it at 15 now, and things are backing up. Turn it
JTL> up to say 25 and see what happens.

I just want to add that there have been a few cases where for some
reason the persistent version runs slower than the default peer-server
mode. I haven't been able to reproduce these results in the lab, but I
am aware that they exist in the wild.

If peer-server mode works best for you then leave off the persistent
mode... (best tool for the job).

Hope this helps,