Good job, Pete.  Through these changes we saw a minimal increase in false
positives on one day, and detection seems to have improved as well.

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete McNeil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sniffer@sortmonster.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:08 AM
Subject: [sniffer] F001 Rule Bot Change

Hello Sniffer Folks,

  The F001 Rule Bot has been adjusted. The number of repeat offenses
  required for an IP to be listed has been increased. It's important
  to note also: Messages that are filtered out by other rules are
  excluded from this evaluation. Consequently, for an IP to be added
  to the F001 bot rules it must not only be seen quite a few times,
  but it must also be generating messages that are not filtered using
  other active rules.

  As part of this adjustment we removed approximately 20000 IP rules
  that had shown either weak or no activity since they were created.
  This may cause rulebase file sizes to change noticeably.

Pete McNeil (Madscientist)
President, MicroNeil Research Corporation
Chief SortMonster (www.sortmonster.com)
Chief Scientist (www.armresearch.com)