Oh, I assumed the rule had been removed.  Are you saying there was a rule in place, but the FP processing somehow failed to find it?  If so, I'd say that is a major failing on the part of the FP processing.

There's no way that we can find time to go through the Sniffer logs after this bounces back with "no rule found".  This would have to be automated to have any chance of occurring, but again I would say the FP processing needs to be corrected to identify the rule the message failed since the complete message, headers and body, are included in the report.

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [sniffer]FP suggestions

For me the pain of false positives submissions is the research that happens when I get a "no rule found" return.

I then need to find the queue-id of the original message and then find the appropriate Sniffer log and pull out the log lines from there and then submit it. Almost always in these cases, a rule is removed.

If this process could be improved that would really be a time saver.