From: "Phillip Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Message Sniffer Community" <sniffer@sortmonster.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:00 PM
Subject: [sniffer] Re: New purchase question

Roger,

Thanks for the info, that is a good way to deal with the mass spam
storage.  Do you ever have the requirement to go back through the
SPAM that you have saved? How long do you save it and do you just
delete it after a certain date? How do your clients ask you or what
do you do to retrieve a possible real message that might have been
considered spam? If sniffer never makes a false positive I guess it
is no big deal just to delete the spam, but on the rare chance there
are false positives I would sure hate to delete an important message.

This mail server supports about 60 domains so having all of the spam
in one folder is a bit of a mess. VOPMAIL allows for individual
mailbox agents so I guess somehow I could have a bat file for each
user or pass parameters to a bat file, but I hate to think about that
one. Going through each mailbox on the server to enter the agent
commands will be a real pain timewise.

Wondering what other VOPMAIL users do out there if there are any of us left.

Phil

At 12:14 PM 6/15/2006, you wrote:
>This is how I do it, although there may be better ways.
>
>I create a scheduled task to run a batch file called spam.cmd that
>runs from within the spam folder.  This copies the spam caught that
>day into a dated folder.  That way I can delete old spam, and keep
>the folder organized.  This seems to work well, with imail, but if
>there are probably better ways out there.
>
>Here is my batch file
>
>REM This portion gets the date
>FOR /F "TOKENS=2-4 DELIMS=/ " %%F IN ('DATE /T') DO (
>  SET MM=%%F
>  SET DD=%%G
>  SET YYYY=%%H
>)
>
>REM This portion creates a folder with todays date MM-DD-YYYY
>mkdir %MM%-%DD%-%YYYY%
>
>REM moves the current files into the dated folder.
>move *.smd .\%MM%-%DD%-%YYYY%\
>move *.GSE .\%MM%-%DD%-%YYYY%\
>
>Hope thats of help.
>
>Roger

To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Send administrative queries to  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>