Hi,

Well I did it, upgraded to 3.0 as well. The automatic rule panic feature and
all the other stuff seemed a good idea. :-)
Setting it up turned out to be straight forward, just follow the instructions.
Ran into just 2 things and one question.

1)
Forgot to set correct path to identity file, was set to a nonexisting path.
Started server.
-----<start screenshot>------------------------------
C:\IMail\declude\Sniffer3>c:\IMail\declude\Sniffer3\SNFServer3.0.exe
c:\IMail\declude\Sniffer3\snf_engine.xml
SNF Server Version 3.0 Build: Jun 26 2008 13:25:19
SNFMulti Engine Version 3.0 Build: Jun 26 2008 13:25:06
Launching with c:\IMail\declude\Sniffer3\snf_engine.xml
Unhandled Exception: snf_LoadNewRulebase() Zero length SecurityKey Thrown!
-----<end screenshot>------------------------------
Should have said something like "error in path to identity file"

2)
On page
http://www.armresearch.com/support/articles/software/snfServer/core.jsp
resultcode 63 is still listed as "Received IPs from spamtraps & research." in
stead of "Black......"

Question:
Is there still a log file for me to ZIP every night or is all logging now at
ARM research?

p.s. Aren't we at version 3.01? This one I just downloaded still reports 3.0 as
it's version. Ot was that just the *nix version?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Bonno Bloksma
hoofd systeembeheer
tio