Hello Stefan,

Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 6:35:14 AM, you wrote:

> Andy, Pete,

> I did install V3 this morning using the current Windows installer.

> Everything seems to work. Can you please check if you get good telemetry
> data?

I see good telemetry.

Andy and I will discuss the hiccup.

<snip/>

> - Question: I installed using Windows Remote Desktop and all looked
> good. But on the real screen of that server I now see a command line
> window related to Sniffer. The title contains the WGet command. Some
> action seems to take place (a simulated rolling wheel in the last line).
> Must this process run? Why was it started on that other screen?

That's interesting. I don't think that happened in testing. If I
understand correctly, we're using XYNTService to run SNFServer.exe. In
theory it should run silently. It sounds like you are able to see it's
screen.

Your message rate is not high-- but you do usually have a message or
two running through. When that happens, the msg/minute number on that
line should change.

If it does then that is the live version of SNFServer so you'll want
to leave it running. Or, pheraps if you restart the service from the
console it will be invisible as it should be?

I'll let Andy work on that with you to understand it and come up with
a working solution.

Thanks for the detail!

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist,