Hi Pete,

>> My best thinking at the moment is to perhaps do something like this <<

Right, exactly. As long as the parameters are already there to be modified
and the script uses those parameters, then the script is ready to go for any
user (with or without distinct directories).

>> Of course doing that would mean rewriting our installer too (Since it
needs to modify/generate the getRulebase script. <<

Yes, if you want the installer to handle the subdirectory layout, then it
would have to adapt the additional two lines in the getRulesbase script -
which would make it more flexible to deal with different customer scenarios.

Best Regards,
Andy

My best thinking at the moment is to perhaps do something like this:

REM ----- Edit This Section

SET LICENSE_ID=licenseid

SET AUTHENTICATION=authenticationxx

SET SNIFFER_PATH=D:\IMail\declude\SNF

REM Modify the next two lines if you modify SNF's directory structure.

SET RULEBASE_PATH=%SNIFFER_PATH%

SET WORKSPACE_PATH=%SNIFFER_PATH%

REM
---------

Of course doing that would mean rewriting our installer too (Since it needs
to modify/generate the getRulebase script.

For the immediate future this discussion is archived and searchable and I
will add a task to the web site project to describe some of these
getRulebase.cmd scenarios.

How does that sound?