Hello Greg,

Sunday, October 5, 2008, 1:34:42 PM, you wrote:

> When I try to view the log files in the SNF directory, I get "XML
> Parsing Error: junk after document element"
> through Firefox.  I get "The XML page cannot be displayed
> Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the
> error and then click the Refresh button, or try
> again later" when sent to IE.

> I assume these logs have some valuable info, how do I view them?

Since the logs must be continually appended, SNF does not put the
opening and ending document tags on them. However, that is something
you can do.

If you wish to convert an SNF XML log file to a proper XML document
then you can add the top level element to the top of the file, and
append the closure of that element. Then you can open the file without
errors in most XML editors... You could even provide a style-sheet in
the top of the file to format the log as you would like to see it.

That said---

The XML logs have been designed to be relatively easy for people to
read directly with a text editor. If you open the file as text with
your favorite programmer's editor or even notepad then you should be
able to interpret the log entries as easily as you would the entries
in any ordinary text type log file.

This link will show you how to interpret the log file:

http://www.armresearch.com/support/articles/software/snfServer/logFiles/activityLogs.jsp

Best,

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist,