Hi Pete,

>> You can drop the record for the IP from GBUdb with SNFClient -drop <IP>,
but if the system is not configured properly then the IP will quickly rise
back into the truncate list. <<

The IP address in question was a third party IP address, not related to us,
not a gateway. It was not in the ignore list and shouldn't be - does that
qualify as "configured properly"?

>> If that is being caused by a pattern rule then you need to discover the
pattern rule from logs first and then panic that rule and report the FP.<<

Hm - so if we have such a GBUdb FP issue, we would need to first go into the
log for the message ID in question and locate the IP address. THEN, we have
to search the log files to find where this IP address may have occurred
(possibly several days of logs, before someone noticed legitimate email from
being missing) in hopes of eventually still finding some log entry that
relates to the original rule-ID, before we can add it to the panic list?

I suppose it would be technically impossible to include the underlying rule
in the GBUdb, so that it can be properly reported when messages are blocked?

>> Are you reporting such an FP?<<

Yes, your FP support identified the underlying rule and reported it back to
me. Of course, I need to have a panic procedure in place that doesn't rely
on outside assistance.  Doesn't happen often, but better ask the questions
now than when the brown matter hits to air circulation enhancer.

Best Regards,

Andy