Hello Alexander,

Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:44:50 AM, you wrote:

Hello,

our sniffer doesn’t work anymore, so I made an Update from the 2.9 Beta to 3.0 Release.

I did it from the beginning,  emptied the directory (no, not planned) and copied everything new in and modified the configs.

I’m getting „snf2check: myIDHere.new ERROR_RULE_AUTH when I try to download the rulebase. (I created an updateready.txt by hand)

For this particular problem you need not look outside of getRulebase.cmd and what it touches.

The most likely cause is a typo.

Failing that, the next likely cause is a bad download.

Since you've checked for a typo and didn't find one I recommend another set of eyes. If you'd like, please send me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) a zipped copy of your getRulebase.cmd file and I will check it against your account records.

You might also consider opening the getRulebase.cmd file in a text editor and running through the process manually at the command line -- you may see something happen that is missed when the script is run.

Hope this helps,

Pete McNeil

Chief Scientist,

Arm Research Labs, LLC.