Bonno Bloksma wrote:
Hi,
Using IMail 9.23 and Declude 4.x on a Windows 2003 server with Sniffer. A little while after version 3 was released I upgraded and followed the instrunctions on the site to get the sniffer service running as a service. After that upgraded to the version that used curl in stead of wget to get the rulebase.
Now I want to upgrade to the latest version but....
Does the installer detect how I'm running sniffer as a service? I cannot find the instructions I once followed to get it up and running. So I have no idea which tool I used to get the service running. :-(

That's a complicated story.

In the past we have recommended using SRVANY and have used it several times when assisting folks.

The installer currently uses XYNTService.

Some folks have used firedaemon or other similar utilities.

You should be able to tell which you are using by looking at the service that is running.

If you are using XYNTService then you will have evidence of it (.ini file etc) in your SNF directory. If not then most likely you used srvany to set things up. A quick check of the registry settings for the SNF service will also let you know how it was set up.

Most likely if you shut down the existing service (perhaps disable it) and then run the installer it will be able to get you going on the latest version with XYNTService automatically.

Hope this helps,