George Kulman wrote:
Pete,

Still happening.
Research suggests that the problem is probably network related -- I found articles about firewalls, for example.

Please ping and then traceroute to the server. http://www.sortmonster.net

See if you can spot a problem making a connection.

If that stuff looks ok then try downloading your rulebase file with a browser from the machine where you are setting up SNF.

Also try it from another machine to verify that you can access it from another machine on your network. (My lab is not on the same network as the delivery server, so my test is similar to yours -- except that your test involves your network(s)).

You should be able to spot the problem with one of these tests.

Essentially-- if you can download the rulebase file with your browser (like I can) then your SNF system should be able to download it with the curl utility.

Also -- since you are switching over from another server -- I presume the other server has no trouble downloading the rulebase files. You might compare the two servers to find the difference.

Please let me know what you find.

Hope this helps,