Hi folks,

Good News!

After much research and experimentation we have determined that some
time on Nov 28 a corrupted rule entered the rulebase and caused the
intermittend short-match problem. We have removed a group of rules
surrounding that timeframe and have observed a 3 sigma drop in the rate
of short-match events. This indicates that the problem is solved and not
likely to return.

Now that we know this kind of event is possible (it's not supposed to be
mathematically) we will be building a detection and mitigation strategy
into the engine... just in case it does happen again. Once in two
decades makes that seem unlikely.

We will also be continuing our research on the sequestered rules to
identify the one(s) that caused the problem and identify a way to
prevent that recurring.

In the mean time the detection mechanisms we used to monitor our
experiments will remain in place so that if we do see any future events
we will be able to identify them much more quickly.

Sorry for the trouble,

Thanks for your patience and continued support!

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist
ARM Research Labs, LLC
www.armresearch.com