In a message dated 10/3/99 9:08:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Does anyone have a site or reference to get a good course in lead acid
 battery charging and maintenance? I am not happy with the performance and
 lifetime we are getting out of our batteries and I want to purchase or
 build appropriate equipment to improve if possible. >>
Funny you should ask, as I will have an article on a device that hooks to
your winch batteries and you forget it, it stays hooked up while you charge
with your existing charger and it litterally renews your batterys.

The technology is not new and it is not gimmick. It's being used in critical
lead acid systems all over the world today AND its not expensive.
The device I am talking about is solar powered or can be plugged in.  It is
not a charger but it does knock off the sulfation that collects starting the
day the battery is energized.  It will turn sour batteries into fresh ones.

The version for us is the Solargizer.  With it you can do any charging ritual
that might make you happy, but you will be doing it to all of the plate
surface you originally bought.

Where?  Gordy's Travels, RC Soaring Digest , the Journal for Soaring
Enthusiast.

Gordy
Fresno California today
59th out of about 170 :-) Visalia was a ball!