At 08:05 PM 1/12/00 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Yep guys! It official.
>
>MIDSOUTH SOARING CHAMPS are in Louisville again this year!!!!
>That means...
>"Swimming Pools, Movie Stars" again.
>
>Most of the Midwest, South, Southeast, and other places came to Louisville,
>including contestants from as far away as Williston VT and Germany.
>
>While the landing zone has a small area of consternation ( a few trees that
>were easy to climb:-)

Man, is that polite...  8-)   You guys still planning on those wicked
triangle landing zones?

>   The site is minutes away from the Motels and
>resturants and there is indeed a public swimming pool spittin distance from
>the winches.

This contest was a blast, I think it was two years ago was the last
one.  The was a killer HLG contest on Friday, and then 2 two days of
unlimited on Sat. and Sun.  Lot's of cool people there and tough
competition, but one of the highlights on Sat. was getting to that
pool  for a swim after a hot day of flying.  The LASS club rented the whole
pool and then on top of that brought in catered BBQ.  We had lots of great
food and drink, and the pilots trying to "fly" off the diving board... well
lets just say that was a site!

After the pool party you might think a great day was over, but no....  guys
with wet hair and swim trunks were back over flying HLG's at the
field...  I went to the car, grabbed a "pop" and got my HLG out.  That was
the first time many of us had ever seen a Logic HLG and everyone was
stealing Bruce D's tx.  What a great session with an almost unbelievable
group of guys you might never see together on one field just having
fun,  we flew them until we couldn't see in the dark anymore.

I can't wait, this is a good one!

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
ICQ 6997780