Mark,

I ran my antenna on the Piper on the inside and even use a Rubber Duck antenna on my transmitter(JR 8103).  I have no distance problem with this setup.  The only problem is my eyesight.  So, the fuselages of the Piper and the EVO XL seem to be constructed in the same manner and material so I don't see any reason not to run it internally but as others have so wisely suggested, RANGE CHECK.  My son an I range check mine with one at the plane and the other in the car driving away with the transmitted and  cell phones(hands free, of course) to communicate.

I have all the necessary components for my EVO XL in hand and will start assemble today.  I did note in the EVO Setup instructions(translated from German to English)that they warn against running the antenna wire internally.  I wonder if this is not a European problem, i.e. European frequencies.  Maybe someone on the list can confirm or deny.

Best Regards,

Robert

Robert P. Buxton
105 Oak Hill Avenue
Littleton, NH 03561-4811

The information contained in this message may be confidential and protected from disclosure under applicable law. These materials are intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.