Rudder stalls  this is where I found the concept.  In the building instructions of the photon II there is mention of having too much deflection, and having too much deflection may 'stall the rudder'.

http://www.netmeister.net/%7Ejerry/bldgp2.htm

Look in the cg section of the instructions.

The consensus seems to be:

1.  No one has heard of a rudder stall
2.  A rudder turn requires some banking other wise you will just 'slide'
3.  Most people who use RES ships use the rudder on the right stick, not the left stick as I am doing at the present.

Jay