  From: Gordysoar<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: soaring@airage.com<mailto:soaring@airage.com>
  Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 12:03 PM
  Subject: [RCSE] Re: Supra or Onyx JW??

  -I went with the Onyx Jw because I thought it performed about like a
  Supra - Jack

  What I find interesting is that the Supra is considered the 'bench
  mark' and then there are the others...cheaper, but with some feature
  that makes them...better? worth more? almost as good for the cost?

  There are a lot of reasons to chose something other than the ships that
  are most proven and popluar, cost being one but in fact the cost is a
  few lawn mowings or driveway shovelings extra cash away from each
  other.

  The number one reason to get something other than the 'bench mark'
  ship?
  Because you want to try something else...it makes the hobby that much
  more fun for you.

  Second best reason...because IF you enter a contest flying the same
  ship as the majority....you are left with one less excuse for not
  having done as well as they all did. Flying the same design as the
  group  can make Man On Man more about the pilot.  Maybe takes a little
  more guts :-)

  Third Reason...because you still believe that a certain model's foil or
  weight or span offers some advantage that will tip the time or landing
  points your way over the other poor saps stuck with that that 'bench
  mark' sailplane.

  Gordy

  --
  Gordysoar