The last mark I put on my bench bench was a little cutie named Cara, 22, 105
pounds, 5' 4"    Oh........... Not that kind of bench mark!

Nevermind :-))))))

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 In a message dated 12/3/07 12:56:54 PM, Soaring@airage.com writes:

 RE: [RCSE] DLGs = Bang for the Buck, NO WAY; Benchmarks- Get
   Real.

 That is about how long it takes me to get my 132 inch span RES model
 ready to fly after I get to  the field. The model fits in my van
 ready to fly except that the outer wing panels have to be plugged in
 and taped on.  The model was designed with a 3 piece wing with a 48
 inch center wing that will fit in my van when bolted to the fuselage.
 If someone has a winch set up, it takes me longer that that  to get
 from my van to the winch.  If Brian Smith is there, he often has my
 model assembled by the time I get out of the van.  :)

 Chuck

 Chuck, add the price of the van required to haul the plane, add the price of
the winch or at least a histart and the time to lay it out   or set it up plus
retrieve it and put it away.

 When I first went to electrics in an all-gas club, one of the things I loved
about it was the rest of the guys had to sit there after flights with squirt
bottles of soap and baby diapers or paper towels, cleaning all the goo off
their planes before they could even put them in the trunk. Me, I'd turn off the
TX and RX, pop the wing off, toss them in the trunk of my compact car and head
out the gate, whistling.   The DLG guys have the same freedom plus more
possible   (smaller) sites to fly from.

 DGMW: I like the big planes. I am working on one myself. But I also have a
cheap Boomer flying wing DLG that cost me under a hundred all-up, and it can go
anywhere, anytime.

 Mark S.

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.