Gang,

After not flying for the last 3-4 months, I had to shake the rust off and
fly SOMETHING.  I had finished my EasyGlider about a month ago, and had
ordered my hosemonster about two months ago, and finished my evo conversion
over 3 months ago.  Family out of town, weather was good enogh, it was just
time to for me to learn something new.

2 meter easglider:

First thing, I have been spoiled.  I have flown F5B planes, and Drela
creations and this plane just isn't as "efficient" or "clean" as what I am
usually fly.  I did some hand launches to see how she floated.  It was ok,
but I couldn't get enough altitude to figure her out, and it kept tip
stalling when turning.  Turns out after 5 launches I see the vstab is loose,
I put some tape on it and I am good to go.  It is tracking much better,
still not as good as what I am used to but good enough for me to consider
the histart.

Histart:

I bought a hosemonster 3 meter high start.  I thought it was kind of
expensive when I bought it at the time.  But after having it out at the
field I am glad I went this route.  The set up came with the spike, rubber,
and flourescent line (which was a life saver), and the orange reel.  I flew
in some tall grass and if it weren't for the bright orange of the winder
reel, and the flurescent purple/pink of the line I would have been lost.
Could I build one of these contraptions absolutely, but for a first timer
having the the chute, and everything ready built was great.

2m easy glider on 3m hosemonster.

This was my first time using a high start, and I was unsure how far to pull
back.  Between worrying snapping the wing on launch and having the spike
come out of the ground and hit me in the eye, my first launch was timid and
I had a pop off. Set up for the next launch, and the plane climbed pretty
well.  I did maybe 15-20 launches, and it takes a LOT of strength to get the
plane back where you want it, but it was extremely satisfying to watch the
plane go up like it did.  The wings on the EasyGlider flexed hard, but did
not break and while I could find thermals, I could not control the plane
well enough to take advantage of them.

2.4 Evo

I love my Multiplex Evo, it is by far the easiest and most flexible
programming I have come across.  Problem no 2.4 module.  So I converted my
set up over.  For info see this thread on rcgroups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682256&highlight=evo+spektrum

I used the 'parkflier' 6100 rx, and I had no issues.  Plane respond when I
put in input and while there was no great distance covered, it worked well
enough.

Conclusions:

The multiplex Easyglider is ok.  It needs a motor.  With a motor, I can see
how this plane can be a blast.  Histarting it is great if you need the
exercise.  Also I would put a piece of tape on the Vertical stab to keep it
in one piece.   That said this thing is durable.  Lots of cartwheels when
the vstab was loose, and I just kept tossing her.  I was pleasantly
surprised that the plastic hook stayed in the plane, I pulled back pretty
hard on the plane, and it was solid.  Hosemonster, can't wait to get a 3
meter glider, and I will appreciate the winch much more going forward.  All
in all this was a very good day, and lifted my spirits like they haven't
been lifted in months.

Jay