I've used Blenderm and the HiLaunch tape on many of my planes.

Blenderm's advantage over the HiLaunch tape is weight.  Blenderm is
much lighter.

However, I have noticed that the hinge's center-line seems to wander to
one side or the other more with the Blenderm than the HiLaunch tape.

just my 2 cents with no scientific basis

--
atjurhs