I think that the concerning issue is your response time on the flaps. Almost
everyone who owns a contest sailplane has been here and failed to retract
the flaps in time.  I use carbon push rods as do most of the contest pilots
these days. I don't think there is an obviously less damaging choice between
carbon or metal push rods.

The fact is that if you fail to pull up the flaps you should expect damage
in one form or another and its usually in the flap linkage connections. I
would not expect a reprieve from this damage in your choice of push rod
material. Use an elastic on your flap stick if you can't get into better
form on your flaps.