Bill,

I don't think a Zagi is a great beginner plane (though it is a great plane!).  I would
suggest something like a wingo, teddy (though it looks so much like a kids toy!) or a
smiley.  Those are all stable, though I don't know how much use they will be on a
slope.  You could always get one of the above and something like the DAW 1-25 hlg for
the slope.

Greg

Bill Johns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for all the input on the sources of Twinstar.

Let me tap into this wealth of experience and knowledge and ask for
advise.
=:-o

I am trying to start a R/C club at Washington State University.  So far
I showed Endless Lift and Old Buzzard tapes.  Les Grammer came by and
brought a competition 2M and presented an excellent show&tell.  We
chatted about this and the group would like to find a group beginner
plane.  An electric powered sailplane would be ideal.  A foamie would be
wonderful.  We need something stable, durable, that can be flown on flat
land and perhaps a bit of sloping.  Perhaps do a little thermalling,
too.  Les suggested an electric Zagi.  I have no idea how stable or
suitable these are for newbies with no stick time.  Also note that these
kids live in a dorm and anything that takes huge volumes to store simply
won't do. Anything that is stick built is not suitable as we don't give
them that much spare time away from homework.  ;-)  We do have a little
room for group building.

Suggestions anyone?

Bill
--
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is
very important that you do it.        - Ghandi

Bill Johns
Pullman, Washington