From: Karlton Spindle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 12:15 PM
To: Soaring List
Subject: [RCSE] Panda Class and Fun Soaring toy

Clubs PLEASE do not forget to host a "Panda Class" at you next contest.
What is Panda Class? Well it is designed to get kids in to R/C soaring or
just R/C.  What the idea is to allow up to say 12 year olds to be on a buddy
box and let them fly ANY plane like an electric.  The task is easy fly ANY
part of the 3 minute flight and land in the LSF level 1 spot.  EVERY PANDA
PILOT gets first place. Adjust or alter the rules to fit your club and or
Panda Pilots.  Any club doing a Panda class please contact me so I can help
out with awards. NO they wont even say Multiplex all over them I just want
to help get this going.

Shift gears sort of;
At the CASL contest I had brought a load of SLING wings to hand out or sell.
But other problems kept me from doing it.  However I got to say if you like
cool flying toys the sling wing launched in to a thermal is great fun.  I
was surprised to find a few other closet sling wing fans at CASL who had
brought there own wings out to play with.

I would encourage ANY club to get some to bring in more kids.
Sling wings $1.50 each if you look at http://slingwing.com/index.html you
will see this is cost!  We just want to get them out more....

Smooth Sailing,
Karlton Spindle
http://www.MultiplexRC.com