Please read the bottom of this post first....

What a CROCK.....
I WAS at the Nats Planning Meeting, a minor mention was made..amoungst the
whineing and crying about the Corn fields, R/C Combat, World Championships
timing, People having heart attacks lost in the corn and other TRIPE that
ate up most of the day.
I still Have no idea what the trophies will look like, for this year!
IF, they go back to the roving concept, they will lose Soaring support, I am
sure...
The numbers speak for themselves, and Soaring has a good sized chunk of the
pie, We are the most organized, and cheapest event at the Nats.
Muncie, although out in the sticks, IS a wonderful site that has been paid
for by YOU...to cann it is just plain stupid.
The Nats has lost nothing and gained a bunch by being in Muncie.
If you can not get off your butt......oh never mind.
This is the same mind set, boasted by those who say that there is no
competition in muncie as well...the reason that there is no competition is
because you are not there...and those who profess a regionals  and / or a
qualifiers scheme to get to the Nats as well...they pitch a bitch about the
lame people who attend and operate the Nats, BUT they will not step up to
the Plate with Their FREE labor and organize, TRACK and Administer Regional,
and Qualifier events on a NATIONAL BASIS for the NATS...They want it handed
to them,
Don't get me started,.....

Hope in one hand and take a dump in the other, YOU figure out which one gets
full first.....
Just my 2 cents..

Jack Strother             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LSF President             LSF Level IV
Loveland, OH

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [RCSE] [Fwd: NATS input ?]
>Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 20:27:40 -0500
>
>I love this one.  Not even a mention of soaring...
><< message3.txt >>

I love this one.  Not even a mention of soaring...

         Previous   Next | Close

>From :
"Dr. Sandy Frank" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject :
NATS input ?

Date :
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:40:52 -0600

AM SEEKING INPUT FROM DISTRICT 8 Members...

        Opinions sought: Revised NATs scheduling
   Date:
        Mon, 3 Dec 2001

The following note is being sent to you from Dr. Sandy Frank, AMA
District
VIII Vice President. As he says in the note: please respond directly to
him at

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As presented at the OCT. 2001 AMA Council meeting:

I am soliciting YOUR input here and NOW!!!

Please reply to:

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Personal email gets my attention...

Regarding the following::::::

Following conversations with competitors of the NATs and FAI
communities,
as well as others who feel AMA has lost a lot of exposure as a result
of moving the Nationals to the Muncie site, the President offered the
following as food for thought.

To change the entire scheduling and concept that we have of our NATs.

To run the combined NATs as we now know it, every other year and in the
off year run a pure FAI event.

The President offered the following example:

    In even years in Muncie, we would run scale, pylon, control line
    and electric NATs; but in that year traveling somewhere else would
    be helicopter, pattern, and free flight NATs. (Indoor would be at
    Johnson City that same year.) In that particular year we would run
as
    pure FAI events in Muncie helicopter, pattern and free flight. The
    idea being in years opposite the world championships, we would have
    the pure FAI events in Muncie.

    This would get the Nationals back on the road and generate more
    exposure and hopefully create more activity and interest in FAI
    events.

The President appointed an ad hoc committee to look at this concept. The

committee consists of Chairman Charlie Bauer, Sandy Frank, Bob Brown
and Steve Kaluf. A report will be made at the next meeting.