Man, since I left this hobby in 1980, things have
really changed. The letter of the rules has changed,
but more importantly, the spirit of the rules has
changed. IMHO, not for the better. If I can't beat you
because I'm a better pilot, I'll do it because I have
11 models and I'll fly every one of them until I
do...what's wrong with this picture. I still think you
ought to have to build it to fly it...but that's
another battle long since lost. Be a man...or
woman...as the case may be. Start and finish with the
same ship. Only substitute available should be a ship
identical to the broken ship, and proof should be
required. Hard to police...you bet. Easy to
cheat...you bet. But if you cheated and got the dust
magnet...you didn't win. My .02 worth.

Jack Womack