Hi guys,
  Boy, what a great day for thermals here in the Rogue Valley of Oregon.  It
started out a bit iffy, but the clouds opened up, and the air did it's
cooking, thermals were abaundt.
  We were even blessed with what was my first steam thermal.  The
Certain-Teed plant across the road from where we sport fly was testing a new
steam generating plant, made a pass into the steam at about 100 feet high,
rode out the brables and started circling up, to a speck, really neat.
  My Pereigrene is really dailed in, even made 3 landings in 60 + area with
a high one of 71.  Wish I could have done that at Visalia.
  And Oregon almost beat Kansas, my home state.
Jerry Miller
SOSS, Medford, OR