Bob,
Why, you are just a busy beaver these days are you not..
Thanks for taking a peek at the LSF site, apparently many do not.
The answers to the questions that you have outlined below will be covered in the pilots briefing for each event.

1. This landing task will not be as stringent in terms of zero flight scores like last year.
The fence is to catch the plane.

2. What is your flight score if you land out of bounds in any contest?

3.RES and NOS will not have a different landing task,

This task was designed by one of our CD's after input from the contestants from last years NATS.
We the LSF start the planning for the next years NATS in October.

The task is designed to get a quick measurement, and get out, so that another potential pilot can use the spot.
This has been a problem in the past , especially for RES and NOS on Saturday, because, for some reason the contestants are not
motivated to the point, where we "might" get 3 rounds of each, if we are lucky...

Hopefully, we can get 4 in this year...ergo RES and NOS will fly the landing task as described, and approved by the AMA, as a deviation.

The idea, is to get as many flights per person, as possible, again to impact contestant responses, to get more rounds in.
This is why, I am sure, that you and many others will show up at the check in point with airplane switched on ready to fly and a timer at your side ready to go....Right?

Thanks,
Jack Strother
LSF President
and
Acting Event Director

BTW...If anyone is interested in the Event Director or the Unlimited CD position, Please let me know..