Well, I plugged my NiCD pack to my Schulze charger and wont discharge.
Charging was okay. When I checked the voltage by putting the pack in my
Stylus, it registered as 10.1 V, ie. fully charged.  When plugged to my
voltmeter, it read 0.8 V.  So, guess I will have to jump the diode and void
my mfg warranty in order to automatically cycle my packs using my Schulze
charger.
Thanks again to all those who responded.  Gotta take out my trusty soldering
iron.

Toshiro Saruwatari
Tokyo Japan