From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 11:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] FAI Licenses-Eligibility

>From the current FAI sporting code Section 4 (Aeromodeling), Volume ABR,
Subsection 4B.3.2 I paraphrase the following:

The team members (pilots), team manager, and assistant team manager must
hold
valid FAI sporting licenses to participate in International competition.

Since team selection contests are not International contests, technically
FAI
licenses should not be required.  It is customary to have them, though.  We
did so for the 2000 F3B Team Selection contest in Sacramento, even though it
was "only" an AMA sanctioned contest.  I don't recall if it was required by
AMA or by our AMA-F3B liason Buzz Averill, or just something we did.  I also
don't know what was done for the 2002 Team Selection contest, I didn't
attend.

Jim Thomas, retired 2003 USA F3B Team Manager

"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.