Im just curious here, I know i said id post and run on this topic but ive still
been reading all the responses not to pick on *this* specific poster and ive
sniped parts I dont wanna reply to.

> THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT THREAT TO OUR HOBBY!!! This

is "OUR HOBBY" limited to ONLY gliders? or is it also including gas/electric rc
planes. and is "GOVERNMENT" limited to ONLY federal government?? what about
state and local, how do you define threat??

> got interference whenever Bush was in town and was
> wondering if it was related to his visits. That's
> All!!

true, but the subject isnt exactly specifically limited to the first post, look
at any mailing list/news group/ private forum the topic is often a "starter" to
a longer thread, useful or not. the OP probibly knew that when [s]he posted and
you probibly knew that when you signed up. and if that itself is a suprise it
happens on most threads from recievers to government threats to servos.

> I fly almost every day on the center grass median of
> Capital Ave. in Sacramento, a 1/2 block from the
> Capital and within easy reach of Arnold's smoking
> tent. I have had a few interested official looking
> people check me out, but besides that they have left
> me alone.

lucky you. i tried flying in a grass field near a popular park(i had the private
owners permission in writing)  which in all the laws I could find was not
illegal, and yet an hour in i had the police(well 1 unit anyway) diging thru
his book to find the "law" that said i couldnt fly there, anyway i was not
cited but told to leave and that was enough for me, i still have not found that
"law"  I too had entertained a small group of people the police officer sure
didnt care about that :D btw that was with a dynaflite talon.

> This is probably illegal as hell, and if I was told to
> fly somewhere else I would. I seem to entertain a lot
> of state worker during their lunch break. So one has
> even thought that somehow I am a security risk.
<snip>

It may or may not be, but why dont you KNOW one way or another ???

> This is a Soaring Exchange for gods sake,
<snip>

true but still not specifically limiting, at lest 1/2 of the responses had a tie
to some kind of rc playing. even some of the NRA stuff had good points, even if
you agree with or disagree with the NRA, they like us are a collection of people
that wanna play with toys that some people are either uneducated about, or just
scared of. two things that often drive government and laws, and they manage to
deal with the government very well.

---
"No one gets too old to learn a new way of being stupid."

Richard Reynolds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]